Pages

Tuesday 17 November 2020

Vocabulary Study

 This study helped us understand words that helped us to get clues for a crossword puzzle and extended our vocabulary.


Vocabulary Study/Crossword

  1. Write the meanings for these ‘Across’ words.

reorder -get another supply

hippo -  A animal

knead - squash up with your hands

profile - short biographical sketch

uncut - Not cut

townhouse -  House in town

fad -trend

potpourri - dried flowers that are scented

worried - concerned

mania - frenzy

dwarfed - made smaller


Find the meanings for these ‘Down’ words.

cradle - hold in arms

spirited - headstrong

trader - a merchant who sells things

endear - like

frumpy - fat and lumpy

monkfish - a sea fish 

outstrip - beat

yogi - a Hindu guy

wedded - married

cool - unruffled

arms - part of the body


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.