Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Why Study History?

Hurumanu 1 Blog Post   - Why Study History?



Studying history is important because it's important to learn about the past and mistakes that were made. Three Historic events I am familiar with in Aotearoa  are Treaty of Waitangi, Matariki and Musket wars. More recent events that have happened in our country are Mosque shootings, Covid - 19 and Earthquakes.

We are listening to chapters from Gavin Bishop’s book ‘Piano Rock’.
He says he values his heritage because his mum’s dad was Tainui, from Waikato.

' It’s enormously important and it’s been a source of inspiration and ideas,
thinking about what life must have been like for my grandfather and his siblings.'

1 comment:

  1. Well-posted Aliyah... I like the way you are committed to finish each task and ask for help when you need it. I hope you get a chance to learn more about Gavin Bishop and his books. Great attitude and outcomes.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.